Episode 11: Nutrition Basics
Registered Dietician Gia Diakakis from Feed to Succeed in Glenview, Ill. joins us for an informative discussion on pediatric nutrition basics Gia answers our long burning questions about how we can set our kids up for success with a healthy diet that will last a lifetime! Spoiler alert: She recommends feeding your child the same foods that the rest of the family is eating!
- Children’s menu’s in restaurants, portion sizes, and expecting your child to eat the same types of foods that you as a parent would eat.
- Gia recommends the entire family get involved and active in healthy eating regardless of their weight or size
- Ways you SHOULDN'T talk to your child if they are overweight
- Sports drinks
- Chocolate milk as a sports drink
- When to offer your child juice and how much
- Smoothies, are they good or bad?
- How to handle picky eating
- How to be a good role model for your kids
- School lunches
- Balancing meals
- Do kids still "outgrow" baby fat?
Check out our website for resources that will enhance your knowledge on pediatric diets and nutrition: