With several more months of winter on its way, we came up with five ways for kids to stay fit (or get fit!) in Chicago this winter, despite the cold weather. If you have your own suggestions for keeping kids healthy, send them our way to email@example.com!
1. Get out your sled. Chicago might be flat, but we’ve got plenty of snow hills for sledding.
2. Ice skating: Check out our favorite spots
3. 7-minute workout: This simple, fast workout is a great way to stay fit all winter. See it on our website.
4. Head to the gym: Whether it’s the YMCA, the JCC or even Little Beans Cafe in Evanston, there are lots of local gyms that offer open gym hours for kids.
5. Create an obstacle course: A stop watch and a little creativity can keep kids of all ages busy and active indoors. Find some samples here.