Pediatric Podcast: Depression
In this pediatric podcast episode, Skokie-area Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Karen Gentile discusses pediatric depression with Dr. Denise Gardner, a licensed clinical psychologist. Depression is a relatively common psychiatric condition that can continue episodically into adulthood. The topics reviewed in this episode include:
- Bad mood vs. depression
- How depression develops
- Assessing risk and suicidality
- Can I prevent depression in my child?
- Can I help my child with depression?
- How therapy can help with depression
- Accepting the diagnosis of depression and reducing stigma