We wish all our Kids First moms a very happy Mother’s Day this Sunday! In honor of the occasion, we want to encourage all moms, at all stages of parenting to take a moment this week to consider how to take better care of yourself. Because let’s be honest, mom’s needs always come last. And yet, moms who meet their own personal needs are better able to parent their children and even are better able to set an example for their children. Need more encouragement? Read our post on how and why moms should take time for themselves.
And while we think every day should be a day of showing love and appreciation to moms, we want hope this Sunday is extra special. To that end, we’ve come up with a list of some local activities that are perfect for families.
- Picnic or barbecue at the beach
- Stroll through Botanic Gardens
- A day at the park (Try some of these best parks in Chicago)
- Millennium Park
- Art Institute
- Lincoln Park Zoo
- Brunch (Make your own or try any of these spots)
- Garfield Park Conservatory
- Mom and Family Painting
- Symphony Center Mother’s Day Concert
- Guided hike in the forest preserve
- Bee-tastic Mother’s Day at Heller Nature Center
- Mother’s Day Race for the Cure
Got more ideas? Send them our way to firstname.lastname@example.org